Music 2.0 Release Changelog
AI songs, AI covers, soundfont covers, meme edits, etc.
Music 
Because this stuff really shouldn't go in the "normal" music thread but there should probably be one place for it rather than us posting it in random threads like we have been.

When you want popular music but it doesn't sound enough like video games for you:

Quote:@makmakg242
11 months ago
Sad to see that there's no national news coverage about how awesome this cover is

@TheSlammurai
11 months ago
This is why I don't trust the mainstream media.
2 users liked this post: Uncle, Nintex
The OG

1 user liked this post: Uncle
Where's the Nintex and Nepnep tracks at.  Pimp
1 user liked this post: benji

This one is way too good. Lupe Fiasco coming in with that Lupin the Third bar.   Delicious
1 user liked this post: Nintex

This might be my favourite. The Can sample works way too well with this shit.

This one has to be here. The first time I posted it, it had like 180.000 views. Almost at 1.7 million now.

Absolute banger.
2 users liked this post: Uncle, benji

I've completely fucked up my youtube algorithm. Shitposts all the way down.
3 users liked this post: benji, Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
(04-22-2024, 04:19 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:

3 users liked this post: benji, Gameboy Nostalgia, HardcoreRetro

The solo the Polkaphiles came up with almost killed me.
1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia

It gets wild after 50s Mario

genesis blinding lights is possibly better than the original
Mayor Breslin - You Look like You Could Use a Fuckin' Lamp

Quote:@drrockkso8882
3 days ago (edited)
I know the lyrics to this song may sound strange to younger generations, but this was actually a very common courtship ritual in the 70s. When I was a kid my parents used to tell me the story of the night they first met in 1977 at Studio 54. My dad had just finished snorting a line of coke with Ronnie Wood when he looked up and saw the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen getting dry-humped by one of the Bee Gees on the dance floor. He was so keyed up and smitten that he immediately ripped a candelabra sconce off the wall, walked right up to her and said "Hey baby, you look like you could use a fuckin' lamp." They celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary last year. Love you Mom and Dad!
Quote:@DocWyoming
2 days ago (edited)
This briefly started a craze in South Philly back in ‘75. To this day there’s a local ban on carrying unboxed lamps in public and It’s a misdemeanor to ride on any bus with a lamp. On the positive side it led to the invention of the fleshlight.
Quote:@ms_enj
3 days ago (edited)
Mayor Breslin (born Tuskegee AL, June 6 1951, died Avoca NY August 27 1987) was the young soul songwriting prodigy discovered in the early 1960s by the great blind soul singer Clarence Carter - Known for his 1968 chart topping hit “Back Door Santa” on which Breslin was given full writer and producer credits.

Despite Carter’s bawdy lyrical content, Breslin didn’t find his mentor’s music quite hard hitting enough, and elected to strike out on his own, releasing his critically acclaimed debut album titled “Electrified” in 1976, with the lead single “You Look like You Could Use A Fuckin’ Lamp” taking the charts by storm, despite it’s strong anti-feminist sentiment flying in the face of the nascent women’s liberation movement taking shape at the time.

This came at the worst possible time for Carter, who was in a career slump, having not had a charting hit in almost 4 years, leading to their infamous and very public  confrontation on LA’s Sunset Strip in early 1977. This confrontation lead to Carter’s arrest and Breslin pursuing assault charges against him, and the eventual Supreme Court ruling that the cane being held by a blind person can indeed be classified as a deadly weapon in certain circumstances. Carter was sentenced to 15 years with a non-parole period of at least 8 years.

As it turned out, Mayor Breslin’s shooting star was short lived, and none of his follow up albums gained much traction due to the tide of public opinion turning heavily against him after Carter’s conviction, leaving him known as a one-hit wonder, and filled with acrimony towards Carter.

Carter, after serving 8 years and 67 days was granted parole in January of 1986, and after using his time with his braille typewriter wisely, immediately returned to the charts with the prison-penned smash hit “Strokin’,” a lewd but catchy pop tune with strong double-entendres alluding to lovemaking.

Breslin, however, never recovered from his reputation for sucker-punching a blind person (even in self defense), and was unable to find regular work, let alone a record label willing to listen to his demo tapes. He ended up living in squalor as his royalty checks shrank, and in a bizarre twist of fate, ended up meeting his end in 1987, when a rickety wooden shelf above his bathtub collapsed, sending a lamp into the water below, and fatally electrocuting him.

His one chart hit had a brief posthumous resurgence after Carter was asked to speak at Breslin’s funeral, and finished his eulogy with the line “it looks like he couldn’t use a fuckin’ lamp after all,” a sound bite that was played on national news for weeks afterward, and eventually incorporated into the chorus of a 1988 dance remix of the song released by famed producer Shep Pettibone.

Jamming out!
1 user liked this post: Potato
This a music 2.0 banger.

wait, this is better (ignore the black screen)
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
https://suno.com/song/9430cdf9-fcdb-4fc5-8f00-40fcc9c160b9

[Image: S0FFKlL.gif]